Australia with Inspiring Numbers
Students from across the globe are applying for a student visa in Australia. Nationals of European states and even American and Canadian nationals travel to Australia for seeking degrees, diplomas, technical skills, short courses, etc.
This is apart from the booming tourism industry and adventure seekers who visit Australia to explore extreme diversity. Australian economy acquired a staggering $32.4 billion from international education. $22 billion came from the export income of Higher Education. Higher Education enrollments for the year 2018 were 398,563.
New South Wales received the highest number of higher education students i.e. 143,585 followed by Victoria, that received whopping 140,807 students in the year 2018.
Among different nationals pursuing their academics in Australia Chinese are on the top. They accounted for 38.3 percent of overall overseas students in 2018. India followed China with 18 percent of students from India. Nepal comes third with 7.1 percent, Vietnam at fourth with 3.9 percent, Malaysian at fifth with 3.5 percent students and Pakistan at Sixth with 2.9 percent student enrolled in the year 2018 for higher education.
Visa granted to the student for higher education in Australia stood at 188,567 in 2018, with 12 percent growth compared to 11% growth last year. (Source: Parliament of Australia)
Why Australia Appeals to Students from Pakistan
- The Natural Landscape and Home to Highest No. of Beaches
Australia is a beach paradise and its long coast is linked to nearly 10,000 beaches that are more than in any country in the world. The world’s longest straight railway track is also located in Australia, stretching 478 kilometers.
Apart from this the wildlife, marine life, natural landscape are in abundance. It is home to Kangaroos, koalas, and platypus. Snowy mountains in New South Wales are the highest mountain ranges in Australia and if you are traveling enthusiast you can travel to lots of famous spots.
- World-Renowned Educational Institutes
Australian National University, University of Sydney, University of Melbourne, University of New South Wales, University of Queensland, and etc. are the world’s top universities in Australia. The rigorous R&D, advancement w.r.t to discoveries and innovations, has led to cutting edge technological prosperity and growth in all fields of education. Students are inculcated with the latest research insights and skills are enhanced with specialized training and mentoring. Due to industry-university collaborations, students also enjoy perks of attending corporate seminars and the opportunity to avail internships in world-leading corporations.
- Rich Culture and Diversity
Students flock from all across the globe to Australia due to the much-celebrated lifestyle, living standard and bright opportunities to grow and prosper. Once you land in Australia there is sheer diversity and you will meet new people from all across the globe. Many opt for doing business, some to settle permanently and avail perks of being a citizen of one of the most advanced and developed economies. Others study and earn lucrative income to support their families in other parts of the world.
Due to the presence of diverse cultures in one place, people of Australia also, known as Aussies are very tolerant and exercise patience. You fill find calendars marked for different festivals and occasions because diversity brings a lot of entertainment and fun.
Also Read: Why Study Abroad – Student’s Guide
- Host Large No. of Pakistani Students
In recent years large numbers of Pakistani students have moved to Australia to seek education and permanent settlement. They are scattered all across the country some are located in South Australia, others in Western Australia and many can be found in Capital Territory. Cities like Sydney and Melbourne host large no. of Pakistanis. Even now if you are planning to go to Australia, you may search online and you can find many useful resources on how to arrange accommodation, your food, and traveling, etc. you can avail expert tips from those already experiencing the life there.
- Better Opportunities for Work and Settlement
Largely people want to Study in Australia because they pay you handsome wages and salaries. If you are earning AUS $20-25 per hour for work on average this if roughly translated in Pakistani currency amounts to approx. Rs. 2000. And if you work for 40 hours a week it makes up Rs.80,000. So, on average you earn between 3-4 lac if you don’t even work on weekends and stay on the average wage. But if you are skilled and have the hands-on experience you can earn beyond average income and there is no limit to your earnings. Being a student you have a work limit of 20 hours but still, if you work consistently, you can easily cover your expenses and even the tuition fees.
Similarly, due to very favorable working conditions, friendly social atmosphere and vibrant lifestyle, those who travel to Australia yearn to stay in Australia. Students after completing their education apply for permanent residence and acquire it after meeting certain requirements which are very flexible.
- Affordable Cost of Living
Australia offers excellent living conditions to the International Students. If you are located in the main city, you may have to pay some extra bucks for supporting your lifestyle. The accommodation will be costlier in that region but if you are residing at some distance, you can find a reasonable accommodation. Similarly, with the part-time job once you get familiar with the city routine you can cover your personal expenses very easily and you may end up saving as well. Cities like Sydney with dazzling lifestyle and home to high-end fine brands are the costlier option to select but despite this, students love to experience life in Sydney and you will a large number of international students there.
Visa Categories to Study in Australia
To study in Australia you have to apply for student visa subclass 500.
- When you have planned to apply chose among courses offered to international students. This visa allows students to work 40 hours in every two weeks period.
- This is a temporary visa and allows you to stay up to 5 years, depending on the duration of your course.
- Once your visa expired or you want to continue study in Australia after the term ends, you must apply for a new visa.
- On applying for your visa you must declare your partner or dependent child under 18 because if it is not declared they will not be able to join you in Australia.
- Currently, the cost for Visa is AUD620 and other expense you have to pay for includes your health check, police certificates, and biometrics.
- When applying for a visa you must get Confirmation of Enrollment (CoE) from the respective university or course providers.
- Processing time for higher education visa usually takes between 30 to 40 days to process.
- Once you get your visa you can travel back and forth from Australia without any restriction.
- To check if you are eligible for a visa you must be enrolled in course, meet English language requirement, adequate health insurance, must not be enrolled for any other visa in Australia, prove of enough finances to meet the educations expense, genuine temporary entrant, meet character requirement, etc.
List of Australian Government and Universities Scholarships (List is updated regularly)
Cities in Australia Best for Study and Living